The dour situation in Europe has two edges: the ongoing military conflict in Ukraine and the energy crisis it has created. This week’s news of Russia’s annexation of several Ukrainian regions and a shuttered gas pipeline’s sabotage have sharpened both sides.
In the Weekly Market Digest, a weaker dollar had a positive impact on precious metals with a more significant effect on the equities levered to them, which were one of the best-performing asset classes (that I follow) for the first time in a long time.
Supported by a more buoyant sentiment for the resource sector and positive news from several companies, the Exploration Insights portfolio was up last week, with the number and magnitude of the positive returns more than offsetting the few negative ones.
In Stock Talk,
- A plethora of positive drill results from Top Picks, including a copper producer in Brazil that discovered a nickel play,
- the updated resource for a Top Pick copper developer in Arizona beat expectations and benefited a royalty generator,
- drill results from a gold explorer/developer in Nevada and another in Alaska have expanded the potential of new zones of precious metal mineralization,
- another royalty generator Top Pick has added new royalties and projects, and
- a gold explorer in southern Idaho has expanded its footprint for resource addition and potential development.