Information That We Collect
(1) "Google Analytics" cookies (a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc). Google Analytics sets four cookies that allow us to analyse traffic on the website. Google Analytics cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to this website and to see how visitors move around the site (in particular, what pages of the website are being visited). This helps us to improve the way our website works.
(2) For statistical purposes, we use Matomo, which is an open source web analysis tool that analyzes how the Site is used. Matomo does not transfer any data to any third party servers without our consent. The information provided by the cookie is transferred to our server and saved there, to enable us to analyze user behaviour. Your IP address will be immediately anonymised; users are thus anonymous. The information generated by the cookie regarding how you use the website will not be passed on to third parties.
(3) Display and preference settings cookies are placed on your computer for user optimization. For example, if you changed the size of the text on our website when you last visited, a cookie will remember that so that you don't need to do it again.
(4) "Session cookies" are placed on your computer to identify and maintain a browsing session, and to remember whether you have rejected cookies through your browser settings.
(5) Cookies that track whether a social networking option has been used to forward material from the Site are also placed on your computer so that we know which social networking tools have been used.
These cookies do not collect or track any personal data or information about you as an individual. Instead, they are focused on how the website is used, and seek to enhance the accessibility of the website. If you do not want to accept cookies from our Site, you may configure your web browser so that it does not accept cookies; however, certain functions available on the website may be lost. These cookies do not collect or track any Personal Information.
Our Use of Your Personal Information
We will use your Personal Information to process your subscription or requests for information. We may also use such Personal Information to offer additional information to you about us, our products and/or services, to customize the types of information and promotional materials you receive from us, evaluate how our Site is being used and the audience our Site is reaching, identify market trends and market interests that help us improve the products and services that we offer, and develop and improve the content and operation of our Site to better serve the needs of our subscribers.
(1) Sharing Information with Other Companies. We will not share your Personal Information with affiliates or third parties.
(2) Mailing and Email Addresses. We will use your mailing and email addresses to send you the publications you have subscribed to. If you submit an inquiry via email about one of your subscriptions, for security reasons we may ask you to provide additional information so we can verify your identity.
(3) Optimize Web Experience. We use your log-in information and any complaints or feedback to survey the various methods used to access our Site and potential issues encountered, for the purposes of improving and optimizing the Site.
(5) Promotional Materials. We may send you information and special offers which we believe to be relevant to your interests. Though we hope you gain value from the email messages you receive, you can choose to opt out of receiving further messages by following the instructions provided at the bottom of each email.
We will reveal your personal information without your prior permission only when we have reason to believe that the disclosure of this information is required to establish the identity of, to contact or to initiate legal proceedings against a person or persons who are suspected of infringing rights or property belonging to us or to others who could be harmed by your activities or of persons who could (deliberately or otherwise) transgress upon these rights and property. We reserve the right to disclose personal information when we have good reason to believe that this is required to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
(1) You have the right to information about what personal data we process, how and on what basis as set out in this policy.
(2) You have the right to access your own personal data to understand whether we hold information about you and, if so, for us to give you certain details about that information and/or the information itself. This is commonly known as a subject access request, which you may request by contacting us through firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require additional information to verify your identity before handing over your information.
(3) You can correct any inaccuracies in your personal data. To do so, Newsletter subscribers may update their user profile in their user account, or contact us through email@example.com.
(4) You have the right to request that we erase your personal data where we were not entitled under the law to process it or it is no longer necessary to process it for the purpose it was collected. To do so, you must cancel your Newsletter or E-Mail subscriptions, or by contacting us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
(5) While you are requesting that your personal data is corrected or erased or are contesting the lawfulness of our processing, you can request for its use to be restricted while we comply with your request. To do so you should contact us through email@example.com.
(6) You have the right to object to data processing where we are relying on a legitimate interest to do so and you think that your rights and interests outweigh our own and you wish us to stop.
(7) You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data and to transfer your personal data to another data controller. We will not charge for this and will in most cases aim to do this within one month. We may require additional information to verify your identity before handing over your information.
(8) You have the right to be notified of a data security breach concerning your personal data.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain your Personal Information as long as it is necessary. If you are an E-Mail subscriber, we aim to erase all of your information within 72 hours of your cancelling your E-Mail subscription. You may cancel your E-Mail subscription by following the ‘Unsubscribe here’ link provided at the bottom of each email. If you are a Newsletter subscriber, we aim to erase all of your information within 72 hours of the earlier of (a) the end of your billing period; or (b) the end of the current monthly period. You may cancel your Newsletter subscription by selecting cancel subscription in your user account.
Although we take the security of your Personal Information very seriously and are constantly improving our efforts to protect it, no electronic communication over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secured. Should a breach of personal data occur (whether in respect of you or someone else) then we will take notes and keep evidence of that breach. If the breach is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals then we will also notify the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Effective as of May 25, 2018